About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
Those who can't cook... eat out. Everyday. Since I eat out for every meal, it's hard to keep track of what restaurants I've been to, which ones I liked or hated, and my favorite dishes. This blog is a way for me to keep track of everything.

2.15.2011

Test Kitchen (Closing Dinner) - Los Angeles, California


9575 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310) 277-0133
I've always wanted to try Test Kitchen but never got around to doing so until I found out they were closing.  When I heard that they were having one last dinner featuring a variety of the past guest chefs, I booked immediately.

We ordered the 8 course dinner with wine pairing and I thought everything was pretty good.  My favorite dish was Ricardo Zarate's Lobster Tartar dish, but Walter Manzke's Sea Scallops, Steve Samson & Zach Pollack's Lamb Ragu & Amy Pressman's Pear Pandowdy were pretty awesome too.



Ricardo Zarate: Lobster Tartar, Cucumber Mango Ceviche Sauce, Caviar, Sweet Potato Chip

Mushroom Royal, Black Truffles without the Oxtail Consomme

Alain Giraud: Oxtail Consomme, Mushroom Royal, Black Truffles

Walter Manzke: Sea Scallops, Green Apple, Hazelnuts, Cauliflower

Michael Voltaggio: "EcoPez" Turbot, Fungi, Seagrass, Ash Oil

Steve Samson & Zach Pollack: Toasted Wheat Strascinate w/Lamb Ragu, Braised Greens, Pecorino

Neal Fraser: Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Squash, Chestnuts, Bacon, Violet Mustard

Amy Pressman: Pear Pandowdy with Gingerbread Ice Cream, Pear Bourbon Hard Sauce

Jonathan Grahm of Compartes Chocolatier


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...