About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
Those who can't cook... eat out. Everyday. Since I eat out for every meal, it's hard to keep track of what restaurants I've been to, which ones I liked or hated, and my favorite dishes. This blog is a way for me to keep track of everything.

8.11.2011

Urasawa - Beverly Hills, California

218 N Rodeo Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 247-8939

*2 Michelin Stars*

Since I never took any pictures from my previous visits here, we went for dinner one night to indulge in the excellent creations of Chef Hiro Urasawa, (and to take some pictures of course).  I've been here several times in the past years and loved it every single time.  My first time here was about 8-9 years ago and not much has changed.  Although a few of the dishes are different, most of the items are always consistent on the menu.

I would definitely recommend trying this place at least once.  It's definitely something different but totally worth it.



Toro-Senmaizuke Maki - Monkfish liver wrapped in Toro and topped with caviar

Goma Dofu - Sesame "tofu" stuffed with uni and rapeseed stems, topped with wasabi and gold flakes

Assortment of Japanese vegetables

Sashimi served on a shaved block of ice


Toro with caviar


Abalone with gold flakes

Kani Miso Korayaki  - Crab topped with uni


Shabu shabu with foie gras, lobster, and scallop - My favorite dish






Ginger


Seared toro collar


Spanish mackerel

Red snapper

Tuna

Skip jack

Live lobster

Giant clam

Lobster

Shiitake mushroom

Hiro Urasawa with Kimura sake

Uni

Medium toro

Japanese herring fish

Small shrimp from Japan

Toro roll with pickled cabbage and scallions

Abalone

Live shrimp


Live sweet shrimp

Toro

Eel

Egg custard - tomago

Assortment of Japanese fruits


Red bean dessert with mochi and gold flakes

Matcha

Roasted green tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...