About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
Those who can't cook... eat out. Everyday. Since I eat out for every meal, it's hard to keep track of what restaurants I've been to, which ones I liked or hated, and my favorite dishes. This blog is a way for me to keep track of everything.

12.01.2010

Tokyo Shabu Shabu - Monterey Park, California

141 N. Atlantic Blvd
Ste 100B
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 282-6795


The service here is terrible. We waited a long time to get seated in a half empty restaurant and we waited even longer for the food. The food finally came just as I'm about to pass out from hunger. I'm sorry but how difficult is it to plate some sliced beef, vegetables, dipping sauce and rice? Apparently at Tokyo Shabu Shabu, it is very difficult. I think that from the time I placed my order, they planted the vegetables, waited for them to grow, and went to harvest them to put on a plate. After that, they probably sat around and waited for about 15 minutes just for the heck of it, THEN decided to finally bring it over to us.

Sadly, the negatives don't end there. They have several plasmas mounted on the walls blasting non-stop cheesy music videos. I almost wished I was watching Sports Center... Almost.

The food was mediocre but probably because I was starving and on the verge of eating my paper napkin. I can't cook but I KNOW that I can make this better at home.


Fried Dumplings

Ponzu with minced garlic, daikon, and green onions




Vegetables

Sliced Beef

Tempura Banana with Vanilla Ice Cream
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...