About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
Those who can't cook... eat out. Everyday. Since I eat out for every meal, it's hard to keep track of what restaurants I've been to, which ones I liked or hated, and my favorite dishes. This blog is a way for me to keep track of everything.

12.23.2010

Pierre Gagnaire - Paris, France

6, rue Balzac 75008 Paris
(33) 01 58 36 12 50
http://www.pierre-gagnaire.com/index-fr.htm


*3 Michelin Stars*

*#13 on World's 50 Best Restaurants in 2010*

I came here on a recent food trip to Europe but I was very disappointed. Not only is this a 3 star Michelin restaurant, but it's been consistently rated one of the top 50 restaurants in the world. It sure didn't taste like it.

We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairing and I can honestly say that none of the dishes impressed me. I had high expectations for this place but unfortunately, none were met. None of the dishes were memorable except this kidney dish which I actually had to send back. I wish I can forget about that dish but it seems to be ingrained in my memory and taste buds forever. What a shame.

The service was spectacular and the ambiance was very romantic but the food was just not that great.












































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...